Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 17 to 23 minutes | Serves 4
4 (5-ounce / 142-g) low-sodium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about
½ inch thick
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 egg white
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, mix the chicken and buttermilk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another shallow bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, thyme, and
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white and olive oil. Quickly stir this egg mixture
into the flour mixture so the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and shake off any excess liquid. Dip
each piece of chicken into the flour mixture to coat. Transfer to the air fryer
- Select the AIR FRY function and cook at 390ºF (199ºC) for 17 to 23 minutes
minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC) on a
meat thermometer. Serve immediately.