Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 30 hours | Serves 6 to 8
1 (5-pound / 2.3-kg) leg of lamb, bone-in, fat trimmed, rinsed and drained
For the Marinade:
¼ cup dry red wine
1 large shallot, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
5 large sage leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon allspice
¾ cup fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
¹⁄₃ cup beef stock
½ teaspoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Baste:
1 cup beef stock
¼ cup marinade mixture
Garnish: salt and black pepper
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Remove ¼
cup of the marinade and set aside.
- Apply remaining marinade onto lamb leg. Place the lamb leg into a baking dish,
cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the ingredients for the baste in a small bowl. Stir to mix well. Set aside
until ready to use.
- Using the rotisserie spit, push through the lamb leg and attach the rotisserie forks.
- If desired, place aluminum foil onto the drip pan. (It makes for easier clean-up!)
- Select the ROAST function and preheat MAXX to 350ºF (180ºC). Press
ROTATE button and set time to 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Once preheated, place the prepared lamb leg with rotisserie spit into the oven.
- After the first 30 minutes of cooking, apply the baste over the lamb leg for every
- When cooking is complete, remove the lamb leg using the rotisserie handle and,
using hot pads or gloves, carefully remove the lamb leg from the spit.
- Carve and serve.