Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour 40 minutes | Serves 6 to 8
5 pounds (2.3 kg) eye round beef roast
2 onions, sliced
3 cups white wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
¾ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried sage
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place beef roast and onions in a large resealable bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, garlic, rosemary, celery seeds, thyme leaves,
oil, salt, pepper, and sage.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the beef roast and seal the bag. Refrigerate the
roast for up to one day.
- Remove the beef roast from the marinade. Using the rotisserie spit, push through
the beef roast and attach the rotisserie forks.
- If desired, place aluminum foil onto the drip pan. (It makes for easier clean-up!)
- Select the ROAST function and preheat MAXX to 400ºF (205ºC). Press
ROTATE button and set time to 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Once preheated, place the prepared lamb leg with rotisserie spit into the oven.
Baste the beef roast with marinade for every 30 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove the lamb leg using the rotisserie handle and,
using hot pads or gloves, carefully remove the lamb leg from the spit.
- Remove the roast to a platter and allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice thin and serve.