Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Serves 6
1 (4 pounds / 1.8 kg) whole chicken
2 teaspoons paprika
1½ teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, sliced
2 sprigs rosemary
- Remove the giblets from the chicken cavity and carefully loosen the skin starting
at the neck.
- In a bowl, mix together the paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt,
and pepper. Set aside.
- Rub the melted butter under the skin and pat the skin back into place.
- Truss the chicken, ensuring the wings and legs are tied closely together and the
cavity is closed up.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken and rub it into the chicken.
- Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken’s skin.
- Place the lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary into the cavity.
- Using the rotisserie spit, push through the chicken and attach the rotisserie forks.
- If desired, place aluminum foil onto the drip pan. (It makes for easier clean-up!)
- Select the ROAST function and preheat MAXX to 380ºF (193ºC). Press
ROTATE button and set time to 40 minutes.
- Once the unit has preheated, place the prepared chicken with the rotisserie spit
into the oven.
- When cooking is complete, remove the chicken using the rotisserie handle and,
using hot pads or gloves, carefully remove the chicken from the spit.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.