Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Serves 4
2 cups buttermilk
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 whole chicken
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bag, place the buttermilk, oil, garlic powder, and sea salt and mix to
- Add the whole chicken and let marinate for 24 hours up to two days.
- Remove the chicken and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Truss the chicken, removing the wings and ensuring the legs are tied closely
together and the thighs are held in place.
- Using the rotisserie spit, push through the chicken and attach the rotisserie forks.
- If desired, place aluminum foil onto the drip pan. (It makes for easier clean-up!)
- Select the AIR FRY function and set the temperature to 380ºF (193ºC). Press
ROTATE button and set time to 50 minutes.
- Once the unit has preheated, place the prepared chicken with the rotisserie spit
into the oven.
- When cooking is complete, the chicken should be dark brown and internal
temperature should measure 165 degrees (measure at the meatiest part of the
- Remove the chicken using the rotisserie handle and, using hot pads or gloves,
carefully remove the chicken from the spit.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.