Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Serves 4
3 pounds (1.4 kg) tied whole chicken
3 cloves garlic, halved
1 whole lemon, quartered
2 sprigs fresh rosemary whole
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 sprig rosemary (leaves only)
- Mix together the rub ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the chicken on a clean cutting board. Ensure the cavity of the chicken is
clean. Stuff the chicken cavity with the garlic, lemon, and rosemary.
- Tie your chicken with twine if needed. Pat the chicken dry.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over and coat the entire chicken with a brush.
- Shake the rub on the chicken and rub in until the chicken is covered.
- Using the rotisserie spit, push through the chicken and attach the rotisserie forks.
- If desired, place aluminum foil onto the drip pan. (It makes for easier clean-up!)
- Select the AIR FRY function and set the temperature to 375ºF (190ºC). Press
ROTATE button and set time to 40 minutes.
- Once the unit has preheated, place the prepared chicken with the rotisserie spit
into the oven.
- At 40 minutes, check the temperature every 5 minutes until the chicken reaches
165ºF (74ºC) in the breast, or 165ºF (85ºC) in the thigh.
- Once cooking is complete, remove the chicken using the rotisserie handle and,
using hot pads or gloves, carefully remove the chicken from the spit.
- Let the chicken sit, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.