Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 14 to 15 minutes | Serves 4
1 pound (454 g) low-sodium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 (8-ounce / 227-g) can pineapple chunks, drained, ¼ cup juice reserved
1 tablespoon peanut oil or safflower oil
1 peach, peeled, pitted, and cubed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
Brown rice, cooked (optional)
- Select the BAKE function and preheat MAXX to 380ºF (193ºC).
- In a medium metal bowl, mix the chicken, red onion, pineapple, and peanut oil.
Bake in the air fryer oven for 9 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Add the peach and return the bowl to the air fryer oven. Bake for 3 minutes more.
Remove and stir again.
- In a small bowl, whisk the reserved pineapple juice, the cornstarch, ginger, and
allspice well. Add to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature
of 165ºF (74ºC) on a meat thermometer and the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked brown rice, if desired.